Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First-time Voter.

I have been legally eligible to vote for the last year and 8 months, but today was my first voting experience! I was a sophomore in high school the last time there was a presidential election. So I was super excited to finally have a say in not only who will run our country for the next four years, but for local things in Utah as well. I was so excited that even though it's freezing and the rain is pouring, I walked to get to my polling location while getting soaked and being super cold. It would've been a shorter walk had I not walked in the complete opposite direction for about 10 minutes and then had to turn around. See, I mixed up the correct address of 100 N 600 E with 600 N 100 E. Yep, I'm a smart one. Anyway, here's the documentation.


Me ready to go with my Utah Voter Registration Card.


Let's get a close up of that.


Me walking to the elementary school to vote. Well, at the time, this was me walking in the wrong direction. Oh well, it's a good picture of me.



My amazing and super cool purple boots...it was a special occasion, I had to break them out! And they're really warm. I love them.


And of course, my "I Voted" sticker. I've wanted one of these forever! Yeah, I'm kind of a dork.


Well, there you have it. I'm officially an adult. Be scared.

4 comments:

This Girl said...

You are such a dork (and I mean that in the kindest way possible :) Were you walking by yourself and taking pictures of yourself? That would have been funny to see. :)

Mrs Ana said...

That's my girl! I can't wait until I can do the same. For sure I will be able to vote in the next election . You're such a silly girl going in the wrong direction you are so funny!

Suzanne said...

You and your purple boots look amazingly cute walking in the wrong direction!

Good for you, voting! As a young adult (before I became old and feeble) I had the attitude that my one vote didn't matter a whole lot. I still kind of do (electoral college...BOOO!) but I vote now anyway. Because that's what grown-ups do. We adults are proud to count you among us!

Mrs Ana said...

P.S. I forget to say I love the boots!!