Friday, June 20, 2008

My Roomies, Part 1.



Roommate\rüm-māt\: one of two or more persons sharing the same room or living quarters —called also room·ie.

I wanted to dedicate a post to my amazing roommates because I haven't talked about them yet. So this one's for you guys...

When I first moved in to apartment C308 exactly 10 months ago, I had absolutely no idea what to expect, it being my first time leaving home. I will admit I was a little scared, but ready to be a little more independent. I had originally planned on moving in with my sister Monica, but rooming situations were misunderstood with the girls in her apartment. So I found my way over to a different building...

The first girl I met, Stacey Morgan, was also my first roommate.

Photobucket
Stacey's from Glide, Oregon. She and I got along well right away. We both loved choir and musicals and grew up in the mission field, so we could easily relate to each other. She introduced me to a lot of the good friends that I have today. Before I got there, she had already made plans to move down to the floor below us with a friend of hers, so we were only roommates for about 2 weeks. We were pretty much inseparable for the next month and a half, but we kinda drifted apart for no reason. Sad. And I haven't seen her in months.

Then there were the other three girls that moved in the same day as I did...
Photobucket
Meet Chelsea Baker, Miranda Aston, and Melissa Clark...all from South Jordan, Utah, all graduates of Bingham High School, and all nursing majors. You could definitely say I kinda felt like the outcast. But that didn't last long.

Chelsea runs track. That girl is freakin amazing. We referred to her as the "father" in our family because she's so muscular. :) She's almost always smiling and optimistic about everything.
Miranda is both mild and wild. She usually went to bed really early and we'd always have to be quiet because she'd get mad. But when she parties, she's crazy fun! She's really sweet and one of the most generous girls I know.
Melissa is a one of a kind girl. She's tough because she has 6 older brothers, but she's also a girly-girl. She's very spontaneous and super fun to be around. There's just about always something fun going on when Lissa's home!

This was our first night together.
Photobucket

And this was about 2 months later. Melissa's sister-in-law Jenny took a bunch of pictures for us. (If you want to see her professional work, go to her blog! She does an absolutely AMAZING job! imagesbyjenny.blogspot.com .)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So it was us 4 from August until December...and then Caitlin and Sariah moved in.

Photobucket
Caitlin is from South Carolina. She's a very easy-going, low maintenance kind of girl. And she loved to ski. She was pretty quiet though. She was the first person I shared a room with since Stacey had moved out, so by the time she came I had pretty much adjusted to having my own room. So it took a little getting used to. But she was way chill though, so I didn't mind at all.

Photobucket
Sariah Esperanza Medrano Echeverria (sweet name, huh?) is from El Salvador. She is an amazing cook and super cute. It's nice to have another Latina in the apartment, especially when I need help with my Spanish! She's always baking tons of dessert or cooking a huge dinner, usually for other people. She has the kindest heart. We love her dearly!

So for the first time, our apartment was full! 6 girls was kind of a lot to handle, but we got over that quickly and just had fun. It was like that for two weeks, and then Miranda and Caitlin both moved back home. So you could say we had a pretty interesting first semester!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

To be continued...

3 comments:

Mrs Ana said...

What a bunch of beautiful girls and what fun college memories. It's what college suppose to be about besides studying hard. Good Job on such a nice post!
Love you, from Mom

jessica said...

Cute Roomies! I am sooooo glad you didn't get any crazies like I did!

Travis & Melissa said...

Awwww...such fun times! Love ya. Oh...I have a blog now. melissaannclark.blogspot.com