Monday, March 23, 2009

From Piglet to Mexico

This is me and my good friend Ben, watching Winnie the Pooh when we were 2 or 3.


Ben is my best and oldest friend. Yesterday I had the great opportunity to attend his mission farewell. For certain reasons I knew I wasn't going to make it on time, and I was getting worried. But I ended up getting to the church just in time to hear the last 3 minutes of his talk, and I'm so happy I even got to hear that. As soon as I sat down and listened to him speak, I was automatically filled with the Spirit. I knew that he has been called of God to go on a mission and serve the people of central Mexico. He spoke of serving people and sharing the gospel, and when he started talking about his wonderful family, I began to tear up. I've known him and his family for just about my whole life and everything he said was true. He has such a great testimony. I'm sad I won't see him for two years, but it will be just fine. He enters the MTC on Wednesday morning.




I wish you the best of luck Elder Buxton! You, your family, and the Mexican people will be greatly blessed!

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Crazy to think that little Bejamin Val Buxton, the bane of Jacob's early exsistance, is now off to serve the Lord in Mexico!!!

Mrs Ana said...

Boohoo! You just had to make cry didn't ya? I always loved those eyes. wish I could of been there too. Good Luck Ben we love you!!